This data protection statement explains to the user the nature, scope and purpose of the collection and use of personal data by the responsible provider Klaus Thamm GmbH & Co. Industriedienste KG, Riedstrasse 2, 64295 Darmstadt, email@example.com, 06151 15000 on this website (hereinafter referred to as “KTH”).
Thank you for visiting our website. The secure handling of your data is highly important to us. We would therefore like to inform you in detail about the use of your data when you visit our website.
Legal basis of the processing Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. the GDPR serves our company as a legal basis for processing operations for which we obtain consent for a specific processing purpose. If the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, as is the case, for example, with processing operations necessary for the delivery of goods or the provision of another service or consideration, the processing is based on Art. 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR. The same applies to such processing operations that are necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures, for example in cases of enquiries about our products or services. If our company is subject to a legal obligation which makes it necessary to process personal data, for example to fulfil tax obligations, the processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR. In rare cases, the processing of personal data may become necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d GDPR. Finally, processing operations could also be based on Art. 6 para. S. 1 lit. f GDPR. Processing operations which are not covered by any of the above legal bases are based on this legal basis if the processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or of a third party, provided that the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not prevail.
Passing on of data Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your explicit consent in compliance with Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. as per GDPR,
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to pass them on in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and is required under Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Rights of data subjects You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR In particular, you may request information on the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the details of such data;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR to immediately request the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete it and we no longer require the data, but you require it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data that you have provided us with in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another responsible party
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent, once granted, at any time. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or work or the place of the place where the alleged breach occurred if the data subject believes that the processing of personal data relating to him or her is in breach of the EU’s basic data protection regulation DSGVO (GDPR).
Right to information, right to correction, blocking, deletion, objection Upon written request, we will inform you about the personal data we have stored about you. You also have the right to correct, block, object to or delete this data. The request should be sent to our address given in the imprint of the website.
Right of withdrawal If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, if there are reasons for doing so arising from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by me without specifying a special situation. If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to our address given in the imprint of the website.
General data collection When you access our website or retrieve a file, data about this process is stored in a log file on our web server. In detail, the following data can be stored:
- IP address (if possible, it will be stored anonymously)
- Domain name of the website you came from
- Names of the retrieved files
- Date and time of a retrieval
- Name of your Internet Service Provider
- as well as operating system and browser version of your end device, if applicable
We only store IP addresses for data security reasons to ensure the stability and security of our system (legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR). We reserve the right to statistically evaluate anonymous data records.
Contact forms If you send us inquiries via the contact form, your details from the inquiry form, including the contact data you provide there, will be stored and processed by us for the purpose of processing the inquiry and in the event of follow-up questions. Your data will be used exclusively for the purpose of answering and processing your question. The data processing is carried out here in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent. You can object to this at any time (right of revocation).
Newsletter We send newsletters with promotional information only with the consent of the recipients or based on a legal permission. The registration to our newsletter is done by a double opt-in procedure: After registration you will receive an e-mail in which you should confirm your registration. This confirmation is necessary to verify you as the owner of the e-mail. The registration for the newsletter is logged in order to be able to prove the registration according to the legal requirements. This includes the storage of the times of registration and confirmation as well as your IP address. Other data that you entered when registering for the newsletter is also stored. We use your information other than your e-mail address only to personalize the newsletter, including your name, for example. You can cancel the receipt of the newsletter at any time. You will find a link to cancel the newsletter in every newsletter e-mail.
Confidentiality of your customer access If you have been given access to a restricted area of our website which is protected by a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Right to appeal to a supervisory authority Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, every data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State in which he or she is resident, at his or her place of work or at the place where the suspected infringement is committed, if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her is contrary to the EU’s basic data protection regulation (DSGVO/GDPR Regulation).
Right to data transferability You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided us in a structured, common and machine-readable format.
Comment function On individual pages or contributions there is a voluntary comment function for users who wish to express their opinion on the respective page or contribution. The comment is released after positive verification and appears publicly on the page where the comment was submitted. There is no right to release a comment. The commentator must provide a name, this may be a pseudonym. The commentator must also provide an email address. This serves to inform him/her about the status of his/her comment, especially if he/she has asked a question in the comment and is waiting for an answer. The email address will not be shown publicly and will not be passed on to third parties or manually evaluated. The IP address of the commentator will only be saved in anonymous form. The comment is saved permanently until you (or an administrator) delete it. The email address you provide for the comment will only be stored for the purpose of sending you a notification in case of a reply to your comment. Other data you provide for the comment will be published at the comment if you provide it. If a name is requested, you can also use a pseudonym.
References to third party websites On this website, references to third party websites are offered in the form of so-called links or references. Only when you click on such a link will data be transferred to the link destination. This is technically necessary. The transferred data are in particular: Your IP address, the time when you clicked on the link, the page on which you clicked on the link, information about your Internet browser. If you do not want this data to be transferred to the link destination, do not click on the link.
Google Fonts This page uses certain Google fonts for display. When you call up a page, your browser loads these fonts. Your IP address including the page (internet address) you have visited is transferred to a Google server. You can find further information about these Google fonts at https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq and in the Google data protection declaration at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
This website uses Google AdWords, an analysis service of Google, and within Google AdWords the conversion tracking. Google AdWords stores a cookie for conversion tracking on the hard disk of your computer (so-called “conversion cookie”) when you click on an advertisement placed by Google. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If you visit certain pages on our website, Google and we can recognise that you have clicked on the ad and been redirected to that page.
The information obtained by means of conversion cookies is used to generate statistics for AdWords customers who use conversion tracking. These statistics tell us the total number of users who have clicked on the ad served by Google and visited a page with a conversion tracking tag.
Besides conversion tracking, we also use the functions
- Target groups with common interests
- user-defined target groups with common interests
- target groups ready to buy
- similar target groups
- demographic and geographical focus.
Security advice We protect our website and other IT systems against loss, destruction, unauthorised access, unauthorised modification or unauthorised distribution of your data by means of suitable technical and organisational measures. However, despite all due care, complete protection against all risks is not always possible. Because we cannot guarantee complete data security when communicating by e-mail, we recommend that confidential information be sent by post.
Last update: 9 June 2018